[CF-Devel] The new magic skills

Tue Oct 21 20:49:55 CDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Yua CaVan wrote:

      In general, every single RPG and MUD that I have ever played; the first few

      characters are "throw-away" characters to get familiar w/ the RPG/MUD.  I

I'm with you on this.  I certainly start a new game by trying it, not be
studying the rules heavily.  If I get slammed, too bad, I'll try again.

      I do agree w/ making character choices simpler for end users:

I actually don't like the current character selection system at all.  I
was playing crossfire in the early days and preferred the older style
selection rather than the current "move from area to area & pick a class".
For one thing the icon created initially is lost when you enter a class.

        Firstly, make it obvious what the "prefered" classes are for each race.

      There would be nothing to prevent the player from choosing a class that

      doesn't mesh well w/ the race; that would be a challenge. ;)

For sure.  In AD&D1 I always wanted to play a Halfling Fighter (no Thief
abilities) just for something a bit bizarre.  No one could understand this
desire.  Pity I never got to it :)

      so ends my ramblings...

and start mine...

Rob