[CF-Devel] On teleportation

Wed Oct 22 03:44:11 CDT 2003

       But that doesn't tell you position on the map.  And arguably, the

      mapinfo command could be removed or otherwise more hidden (eg, have a

      map name in the map header, and display that instead of the map path).

Side note: maby maps don'' seem to have a descriptive name. That should
be fixed first :)

       Not really true.  It means if you want to add that gate and have it

      accessible, you need to update the teleporter shop.  But one could

      certainly see cases of the teleporter shops in different towns even

      being a bit different (eg, the one in navar city may have some

      destinations that are more in its local vicinity).

Sounds reasonable. But it would be nice to have in each town teleporters
to other main towns.

       Also, I'd expect the teleporters in the shops to be one way teleporters

      - they will get you there, but you need some other way to get back.

Yes, I was seeing this like that too. Else word of recall / town portal
are less fun :)

       I believe this is already done.  The weather code has to rely on that

      for seasons and what not.

       The other reason to disallow user supplied coordinates:  There are some

      maps, lake county comes immediately to mind, but probably places like

      pup land also, where movement on the map itself is restricted, eg, it is

      part of a quest or something to be able to get to a certain space on the

      map.  If the user could supply coordinates, they could easily bypass any

      such checks.

I was thinking of teleporting in /world maps only. Are Lake County /
Pupland there now?
But yes, some checking should probably be done...

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com