[CF-Devel] On teleportation

Fri Oct 24 02:13:32 CDT 2003

       I'd also note that one of the justications behind the bigworld maps was

      to space things out a bit. Eg, a journey from scorn to navar city should

      be non trivial.  If we just add teleporters all over the place, what's

      really the point then.  One could take this further (to a level of

      absurbity) - why not just have a city with all the dungeons right in it

      so you never have to go anywhere at all?

I don't mind spacing things, but traveling right now is boring... needs
more maps, i guess :)
Or random encounters, stuff like that.

       And for those dungeons a little farther out - it is obviously up to the

      player to decide if they want to head to them or not.  But even as is,

      it still doesn't take more than a minute or two of real time to go from

      scorn to navar city, which is basically accross the continent.  So

      nothing on the big world is really ever that far away.

Sorry, but for me Scorn to Navar takes quite some time. Blame my
not-too-fast computer, but following the road (there are some places you
must use it, iirc, since there are uncrossable mountains) is just a
pain. I still didn't go to Navar, but went to DragonNest by following
the road till world_111_116 then going south. Going to that 111x116 map
already takes 5 mins, and i'm not sure how far Navar is after that
(though if that's coherent with smallworld maps, it should be 5 more
mins at least).

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com