[CF-Devel] Windows installer for server, bigworld & smallworld maps

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 26 18:12:20 CST 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

       You can.

      Thanks. I guess I make a 'windows' group?

  yep - probably makes the most sense.

      I made the installers with Nullsoft's installer, free software

      (nsis.sf.net).

      Currently i made the nsi (script) files by hand, but i'm planning of

      doing something like a small perl script to take care of that for me

      (specially for maps).

      I don't mind maintaining (not every day, of course :)) those releases

      (since i'll probably just have to run a script to update).

      And the scripts can be put under CVS too.

  Ideally everything needed for someone to make them should be in CVS, if
reasonable.  It's nice to know that you'll take care of releases.

  However, it's always good to have the mechanism in place for other to make
such releases if for whatever reason you are unable to make them.

  As for space, I guess it depends if sourceforge complains.  Certainly, some
old releases could get cleared out if necessary.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com