onefang bug fixes Was: [CF-Devel] Forgotten child

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Oct 27 00:35:10 CST 2003

David Seikel wrote:

      BTW, I wasn't too sure about one of the inv checker bug fixes I submitted.

      (This is from memory, I am currently not at my own computer).  As far as I

      can remember, inv checkers was a recomended way of stopping a particular

      race (player race or monster race) from going someplace.  In particular, I

      used them in the Ice Castle to limit ants to an "ant trail" between the ant

      nest and the kitchen.  That didn't work, so I fixed inv_checker to get it

      to work.  Basically, it now checks the arch of the container before

      checking the arch of its contents.  Container in this case is an ant.  It

      makes sense that if an inv checker is blocking ants, that it should not

      make any difference if you are carrying an ant, or you are an ant, the ant

      still gets blocked.  If I am wrong and there is some other approved way of

      blocking particular critters from certain areas, please let me know.

  Well, looking at the code currently in CVS, the problem really seems to be
that the check_inv bails out if the triggerer is not a player.

  However, I'm not sure how an inventory checker can be used to control the
trail of ants - the inventory checker doesn't limit where they can go, other
than being connected to some other object (say a gate or whatever) which limits
where they go.

  I wouldn't really see why the order we are checking would make any difference.
  And looking at the code right now, it seems to check the player object before
checking for matching objects in the inventory.

  so I'm not really sure what is trying to get fixed here/what is currently
broken, aside from perhaps the fact that the player check is still there.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com