[CF-Devel] autoconfig requirements

Sun Sep 14 06:22:25 CDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 06:19:26AM -0400, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      I think you are missing my point, these products work ok on my system

      and I can make the server with a couple work arounds.

      The problem is that aclocal.m4 has an entry that has an entry that

      says AC_PREREQ([2.54]) - it will not even attempt to make the package

      unless I change that to  AC_PREREQ([2.52]) and then it builds fine (with

      a warning about automake 1.7 not being installed).

aclocal.m4 is autogenerated from other components. Those AC_PREREQ() are
included from some other *.m4 file (maybe from libtool). Maybe you have
to new libtool for your automake/autoconf or you didn't regenerated
aclocal.m4 after changing other files. Try running "aclocal".

      woody) and they work ok.  I can build crossfire all day long.  At some

      point in the recent past someone updated the CVS and inserted these

      changes which are not really requiremernts but which cause problems for

      some people on standard distros because they act like requirements.

I guess someone has newer libtool or something, rebuilded aclocal.m4 and
commited it into CVS. aclocal.m4 should not be in CVS unless all other
autogenerated files (including "configure" script) are up-to-date in the
CVS.

Greets,
        Jacek

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com