[CF-Devel] Re: Possible item price bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Apr 21 18:23:33 CDT 2004

      I have another concern about the new function: The price adjustment

      should tone down expensive items to limit the money one can get by

      selling items. The existing function is very "aggressive" in this regard

      but the new function gives much more money (see functions titled "new

      function (limit ...)") in attached image).

Using value alone to determine selling price is not necessarily good as
it makes it harder to charge more and pay less which would improve the
economy.  On the other hand value is a big part of a dynamic accounting
system which would be hard to replace.
One thing that was brought up in the past was some sort of store
modifier that would limit or otherwise impact the amount given for sold
items in conjunction with the item value.  If I recall, thoughts that
have been brought up were along the lines of:
-store 'level' - where the higher level stores (floors actually) can pay
more for higher value items much like they produce higher value items,

-citizen ship  - where players can accquire/purchase a citezship and
will get a price penalty when dealing with stores not affiliated with
their home city/area,

-special shops - or converters actually which give more for high value
items allowing shops in general to give less,

- an modifier system which could be set by either ingame or
configuration files.  Maybe even something that adjusts by game calendar
or with a dm command.

Me I like the idea of handing out / selling citizenship to places (using
the arches and player inventory naturally) there are other fun things
that could later be tied off this - especially NPC stuff.  Maybe we
could even do a combination of some of the above.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com