Re: [CF-Devel] Posted here because SF lists block me (Mlaï20maps release

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Aug 18 02:36:10 CDT 2004

todd mitchell wrote:

      Currently the mlab maps in question are in /scorn/mlab if they are to be

      moved out of the Scorn folder it should be either to their own city

      folder or to the quest folder.  Now I would say that if the city in the

      clouds is called 'mlab' then /mlab would be reasonable but /cloudcity or

      some such would be better if mlab is merely a personal tag.  If they are

      a quest then /quests/mlab would be reasonable - just as mlab was

      reasonable (if not entirely desirable) if they were in Scorn. Using

      meaningful area names whenever possibe is something that I am more and

      more in support of the more maps I work on.  I am sure the DMs would agree.

  Yep - I'll agree on that.

      Again I don't mind meeting halfway on these things but I really think

      there were improvements made to the map layout with the bigworld maps

      that make it easier to locate things (from inside the game as well as in

      the editor) which we should try to stick with or even improve upon.  I

      also think that with a bit of coordination the maps are better than if

      each area is a little self contained system.

  True - basically right now you find out a bunch of stuff about scorn in scorn,
a bunch of stuff in navar city in navar city, etc.  So you basically do one
city, find out a bunch of info about that, then go to the next city, etc.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com