[CF-Devel] Rolling stats is not fair

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Dec 13 18:16:20 CST 2004

BS

Rolling stats is fair.
Too freaking bad for non-patient players.
That's what they get for not developing that virtue.

--- Munteanu Eduard Gabriel <

     maxdamage at aladin.ro

wrote:

      I don't think rolling stats is fair. The maximum

      average is 15, so that

      doesn't guarantee equally powered characters. We

      should always let the

      average be 15, so that the less patient players,

      that won't spend want

      to spend a lot of time rolling stats, get good stats

      too.

      Server admins should be able to activate this

      feature (I mean this

      constant average) through a configuration option

      rather than rebuilding

      the server. They should also be able to let players

      create their

      character manually, without rolling stats (again,

      through a

      configuration option, without having to rebuild from

      source).

      Regards,

      Eduard Gabriel Munteanu

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com