[CF-Devel] Two things - item_power, Divine Shock

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Feb 16 20:12:20 CST 2004

Gentlepeople,

It appears, on crossfire.metalforge.net, that item_power does not SUM
correctly. For example if I have a character that is level 14 then
that character can apply two items that have an item_power of +13.
Thus the total item power equipped is OVER 14. I believe this is not
working as intended. My thought about item power is that the total
one equips is not supposed exceed the level of the character. Feel
free to correct my thinking if it is flawed. :-)

Ok, who made Sorig's Divine Shock worthless? I don't mean the delay.
I mean the prayer Divine Shock (ball lightning with god power) is no
longer a useful attack spell. My character has level 24 praying. It
takes casting Divine Shock about 63 - 65 times to kill a wyvern. This
is NOT even CLOSE to how the spell used to work. I can cast "cause
heavy wounds" 3 - 4 times and kill individual wyverns. Divine Shock,
being a deity granted medium level prayer, should be MORE powerful
that cause heavy wounds. Heck, it should be more powerful than ball
lightning at the equivalent pyromancy level. It is not. Please fix
it. I still don't have the skill in C needed to find the problem and
fix it myself. :-/

Gene (aka poof)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-26mdkenterprise i686
 19:57:09 up 16 days, 22:01, 11 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com