[CF-Devel] skills bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Feb 21 09:18:11 CST 2004

I started a new character, and I decided to be a dwarf with no class.
This means I started out with smithery and no other skills.  This in
itself may be a bug (no combat skills at the start).  However, what I
also found is that when I failed to learn a new skill from a skill
scroll, the 'skills command listed the skill, though I couldn't use it.
However, I was able to use karate after failing to learn the skill
(probably because it was in my skill list, even though it wasn't known).

Now I'm gaining levels in a skill I don't have.

--PC

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com