[CF-Devel] skills bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Feb 23 21:17:58 CST 2004

Mark wrote:

      Preston Crow wrote:

      > I started a new character, and I decided to be a dwarf with no class.

      > This means I started out with smithery and no other skills.  This in

      > itself may be a bug (no combat skills at the start).

        It is a player induced bug, which I don't have a lot of sympathy for.

        Really, the ability to start a character with no class should be removed.  At

      one point, there was a problem that for whatever reasons, player would end up

      back in the hall of selection, and thus could get multiple classes, so that was

      added as a way out.

        I don't think that has happened for a long time.  But point remains, if a

      player chooses to start without a class, the deserve what they get.

Well, I thought it would let me be a dwarf with a dwarf icon, but
without any special starting skills.  I was surprised not to have at
least punching and the wand-use skill (or some way to acquire it).

And on a related note:

With the old system, using lockpicking would get you 20xp/door or so.  I
don't seem to get any experience now.  Is that intentional?

I was practicing singing and oratory, and I now have 15xp in missile
weapons (a skill I don't have).  I'm guessing an orc pet killed another
orc with an arrow, and the xp was credited as if I had fired the arrow,
not my pet.

--PC

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com