[CF-Devel] Improved invisibility ... isn't

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Jan 25 13:31:36 CST 2004

On Sunday 25 January 2004 02:10 am
Mark Wedel wrote:

      ERACC wrote:

      > Dear Coders,

      > Playing on metalforge.real-time.com my char with level 46 magic

      > does not stay invisible when casting improved invisibility and

      > moving or attacking. This did work on other, less up to date,

      > servers. It seems that something has been changed in the code

      > that causes improved invisibility to be no better than plain old

      > invisibility. Please fix this.

        Just tried this on CVS, and improved invisiblity seems to work

      fine.  Duration isn't really long, but hey.

Got it, this is already fixed in the CVS code.

        But then I re-read your message and see you're talking about

      metalforge.real-time.com.  This is running old code (basically, pre

      the spell rewrite).  That code isn't really being updated.

I understand. Ok.

        At some point, that server will be deomissioned.  In any case,

      since this bug doesn't seem to exist in the new server code, I'm

      not all that eager to go back into the old code to fix the problem.

No way to run it with newer code as a "small world map" server? Would
that require restarting all the player characters or can they be
converted for the new code?

      Note that crossfire.metalforge.net runs latest CVS code, and is

      also a much faster (in terms of cpu speed) server.

Oh, yay, big world maps. <sigh> :-(

Gene (aka eracc, aka poof)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.21-0.26mdk i686
 13:11:44 up 33 days, 22:18,  9 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.04, 0.00

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com