[CF-Devel] Post subject: Godly retribution kills...

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Jun 4 21:54:57 CDT 2004

Somebdy mentioned on IRC .. that spell failure effects (sh?)could check
and see if the square is damned, if it is then the godly retribution or
mana backlash stops.

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Mark Wedel wrote:

      ERACC wrote:

      > Hi y'all,

      > This is copied from the message board:

      http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?t=415

        I'm guessing this happened in his apartment or wherever he last saved?

      Otherwise, I can't figure out how he would die multiple times.

        Note at least as far as that is concerned, this could happen with most any

      spell, eg, accidentally cast a high damage spell in your apartment, the effects

      could last long enough to kill you a few times.

        One solution to that might be to insert a short lived immunity to everything

      into the player when he dies (last for just a few seconds) - this would in

      generally allow enough time for the spell effects to finish up, but not long

      enough to really do much with it (and even if there is a little extra time, hard

      to see how it would be all that useful, or if the tradeoff for a death is worth

      the potential gain)

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com