[CF-Devel] re: pup_land

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Jun 8 22:04:52 CDT 2004

      I have been slowly committing changes to the maps to remove the old

      multipart notation and am planning on doing pupland soon.  I've tested

      it superficially course and that is why I am doing a few directories at

      a time so they can be tested but pupland is complicated.

      I am worried about stomping around the maps uninvited and I was waiting

      for Andi to surface before doing this.

What exactly are you planning to do? If it's just about re-saving
maps with the JavaEditor and commiting, that shouldn't cause problems.

If you want to fix suspected bugs for example, and get confused with the
intended behaviour of certain mechanisms, you're welcome to ask me
(Either on the list or personally, as you see fit).

Generally, you're welcome to work on the pupland maps.
Of course the pupland maps are a bit more difficult and more "touchy"
than other maps, but I'm sure you have enough experience to handle it.
Maybe the most difficult part about pupland is the balance,
but even then, after a while one can get a feeling for that.

      Also I want to remove a lot of the lake arches that have been used to

      smooth the coastlines in pupland (and other places) since smoothing is

      working out pretty well and these arches now wreck the effect - any

      concerns?

To be honest, I haven't played with a smoothing client yet.
Nonetheless, I don't see a problem with that kind of change.

Greetings,

Andreas

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis*

     http://www.gmx.net/dsl

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com