[CF-Devel] re: pup_land

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Jun 9 07:01:19 CDT 2004

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      I have run a script that cleans up the multipart arch entries so that

      just the head is stored - it fixes some issues I have seen with certain

      maps and also makes the files a bit smaller and cleaner.

      It appears to be working fine so far and I have cleaned up about half

      the maps.  I would rather do this when you are about than when you are

      not is all.

      Here's the details [...]

What your script does seems reasonable to me. I think it probably
won't cause harm. The only fail case I could imagine is when
some written text contains the lines:
"More
arch"
And that is pretty unlikely to happen.

      P.S.  I noticed that when you copy objects containing python scripts in

      the JavaEditor everything is copied properly except the parameter field

      (edit params).

Okay, I just fixed that.

Greetings,
AndreasV