Re: [CF-Devel] Scorn Sale Shop - items end up under tables?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Jun 11 15:43:43 CDT 2004

It would probably be better to make the floors unique instead of the tables as a general rule - it certainly makes it easier for others to examine the map and I am not sure if unique flag works the same way on items as it does on floors.
IMHO however I would not make either the tables or floors unique and have the freebee tables vanish the items when the map resets.  The items in the store will remain persistant so the idea is still there, I am not keen on having so much free stuff there on a unique map basis.  If people can find everything for free then the economy suffers - having a place to drop givaway items is fine but let it get cleaned up with a reset.

      Greetings Developers,

      Ok, so /scorn/shops/scorn.sale is on metalforge. There are "Charity

      Tables" in the entryway that are marked 'unique 1' and 'no_pick 1' so

      items dropped on them will survive a reset and the tables can't be

      "stolen". However, the items dropped on the tables end up -under- the

      tables when the map gets saved. This is not the desired result.

      Is this a known problem with unique items or is it something I can

      fix in the map editor? I'm at a loss how to fix it using the editor

      so pointers would be greatly appreciated. I want to keep the tables

      if possible. If not I can use floor tiles that are marked 'unique 1'.

      Thanks!

      Gene (poof|Galahad)

      --

      Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686

       13:30:23 up 104 days,  7:26, 15 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.18, 0.09

      ERA Computer Consulting -

      http://www.eracc.com/

      eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com