[CF-Devel] maps-bigworld/scorn/houses/jones bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Jun 13 20:16:41 CDT 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Todd Mitchell a écrit :

      Lately I have been having a lot more fun using the patch submission

      system on the sourceforge site to do these map updates/patches than

      keeping track of these sent to the mailing list.  That system allows

      uploads of the patch to be to one location, tracking and comments to be

      made.

      <snip><snip>

      I like your idea.

      SF requires login a such for patch modification, so another hassle (maybe).

      On the other hand, it lets

      1) us developers follow what patches have been committed or not

      2) us know when a patch was submitted

      3) other users get patches we don't want to commit in the 'official'

      crossfire sources but which still can be useful

  Just to carry this point, I'd much rather see all bug reports be done on
sourceforge also, and not sent to any of the mailing lists.

  The rationale is quite simple - there is no tracking on the mailing lists - if
everyone on them deletes the message (someone else will fix it, accidental
deletion, whatever), the bug report is effectively lost.

  In addition, it makes it much easier to see all open bugs.  so when new
developers show up, it is very easy to see what bugs are outstanding, instead of
having to search the mailing lists.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com