[CF-Devel] More bugs, crashes noted by players

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed May 5 00:13:36 CDT 2004

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      There's an altar in the navar thaum workshop that provides horns,

      ostensibly for alchemy. However it's the wrong type of horn for alchemy.

      They weigh 4Kg, cost 20pp, and sell for 200pp.

      Taking 4000Kg a trip to the store nearby is a profit of 180,000 pp

      I'd PREFER if the altar returned unicorn horns, so that we could make

      magical horns. I think that the altar should ask for at least 100PP, if not

      200pp in line with the altars in the jewelry workshops

      I'll look into this.  I'm not too keen on providing unicorn horns ala vending

      machine however - I would like only to provide mundane components at these

      altars (like boots or what have you) since it isn't always the price but the

      rarity of an object that maintains the alchemy balance.

  It appears it is creating hte right horn type (horn2) that is used for things
like horn of fire/plenty/ice/etc.

  The real issue is probably just cost - with the new spell system, the value of
the horn is now higher - list price is 5900 sp, or 118 pp.  With high charisma
and/or bargaining, the value of this can go up.

  So the real solution is to either increase the cost that the table charges, or
put a horn arch with a lower value as the object that the converter creates.  I
believe you can now put objects in the converters archetypes and it will create
a copy of the object in the inventory.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com