[CF-Devel] From the forum

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu May 6 04:41:12 CDT 2004

Here's a post on the messageboard, i think it's worth forwarding it here :)

-----

Hi. Here are several things with my character Azriel (on
crossfire.metalforge.net) :

1) I am a dragon (ancient cold), with 82 resist in elec (obviously
without any equipment, nor god given resist). Then i should be
legendary, and i'm not. Someone told me that i should be, and in the
sources, it is written resist>80 to be legendary. So, either it is a
bug, either it does'nt work this way.
I think it is because, since i am an ancient COLD, i must have 81 resist
in COLD. This is unfair : to change your title, you have to gain levels.
If you reach 81+ resist when you are level 90, it is easy to gain 20
levels to have the correct title to be legendary. But if you are level
110 (you know the xp table...)
So, here is what i think : big, ancient and legendary should be based
only on the highest resist (regardless of the focus), and titles should
be recalculated at login, or when you gain a resist.

2) Treasure lists are broken on the server. Monsters that have a special
item in their inventory (eg a key, etc...) don't inherit their normal
treasure list. That's a good thing for most players (for exemple, the
wizards in the wizard tower have a key, so they don't have their normal
treasure list, and then no spell. The place is much easier. Same thing
in Chaos lair). But for dragons, it is a problem : to gain resistances,
you have to eat high level monsters. But almost high level monsters have
a key, or something, then they don't have their normal treasure list and
drop no corpse. On other servers it is hard to get 81+ resist, but here
it is almost impossible.

3) I'm making maps (it takes a long time). Does someone know how to use
a duplicator ? And in general, where could i find the meaning of all the
types of the archs ?

Thanks

Az.

------