[CF-Devel] remove curse spell broken

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue May 11 01:54:09 CDT 2004

Preston Crow wrote:

      I applied a cursed ring, and then cast "remove curse."  It told me that

      I do not have any cursed items applied, and didn't remove the curse.

  I just tried this, and it worked as expected.

  Are you sure the item wasn't damned?  In that case, remove_curse won't do
anything with it.

      Also, I noticed that it did use the mana points.  It used to be that

      when spells like identify, remove curse, disarm, and consecrate were

      unable to do anything, they didn't use up spell/mana points.  Was that

      an intentional change, or an oversight?  Similarly, when a prayer fails,

      it doesn't cost any mana points, whereas it used to randomly charge

      points; again, was that intentional?

  It is intentional that all spells, when you cast them, such the mana/grace
points, whether or not the spell in fact does anything.  It makes the code a bit
simpler, but arguable makes more sense (you are still casting the spell).  One
could argue if that wasn't the case, things like healing should only cost the
points if they heal someone, etc.

  In terms of spell failure not costing points, I'll fix that up.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com