[CF-Devel] Re: [CF-maps] buggy map

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed May 12 03:17:02 CDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Karla Stenger wrote:

      > Hi all,

      > /lake_country/Butakis/Wist_study

      > this map uses a pentagram to teleport a monster to the right place, but for some

      > reason the monster is beeing teleported altogether with the surrounding walls

      > that are on the pentagram too... and the teleporter the player is meant to use

      > to go through the map gets useless when one of those walls steps on it...

      > maybe the pentagram is working wrong?

      > maybe a teleporter should be used instead?

      > maybe the weight of the walls is wrong and the movement comming from spells

      > beeing casted is moving them along onto the teleporter?

      > i couldnt find out how the pentagram works *shrugs* hope you can find it out

      > 'til next time

      > Katia

        The bug is actually relatively easy to fix - just don't teleport anything with

      a 0 weight.

        The problem is I'm not sure if this might have other side effects, eg,

      teleporters that are meant to teleport walls or the like that would no longer work.

        Anyone know off the top of their head if not teleporter walls (or other 0

      weight objects) would actually break any maps?

     Walls are teleported in the warrior's tower.(The shortcut altar)
So there is at least one map.

Maybe the pentagram problem is related to the multi-part
problem of confusing below and above. (see portgate mail)

I think the correct solution here really is to use a teleporter.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com