[CF-Devel] Consecrate, spell runes

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri May 14 16:29:25 CDT 2004

Greetings Developers,

On crossfire.metalforge.net the altars in the temples in Scorn were
ALL consecrated to Valriel recently (level 110). I "fixed" the altars
by resetting the maps but it was too late for at least one player who
prayed and lost about 15 praying levels. The DMs have a good idea who
did it by examining circumstantial evidence, no hard proof. BUT it
would be nice to have the player's name tied to a consecrated altar
like is done when a player casts a marking rune. Best would be to fix
the temple altars so they can't be reconsecrated. I have looked at
where I *think* this could done but am really clueless about whether
or not I am looking at the correct code. :-/

Come to think of it, it would be a good idea to embed the player's
name in ANY rune as well as in items the player might change. It
would help finding those players that have evil intent and place
harming runes in newbie areas "as a joke". Perhaps leave some sort of
marker where the rune was until the map resets to help DMs root out
the trouble makers.

Gene (aka poof|Galahad)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 16:01:24 up 76 days,  9:58, 12 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.08, 0.05

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com