[CF-Devel] Suggestion: random diseases in maps

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat May 15 23:55:10 CDT 2004

Tim Rightnour wrote:

      On 15-May-2004 Nicolas Weeger wrote:

     Right now, as far as I know, the only diseases come from spells or traps.

     It could be fun to randomly infect some monsters here and there, or

     put diseased squares.

     What'd be everyone's point of view?

      The only problem with that, is that the monsters might self-destruct upon

      entering the map.  You could hang out at the entrance, and they would spread

      the disease around, and either die, or cure themselves of it.  I think you

      would need something to mark the disease as communicable to players only..

  Yep.  You'd also probably need to change the fact that diseases normally die
out after a little while.

  This could be a potential problem in that players enters map, quickly catches
disease so leaves map, casts cure disease, waits a few minutes, and by the time
he re-enters, the disease is gone from the map with a bunch of a dead monsters.

  What I think would probably be more interesting, and taking a note from other
games, is that some monsters could carry diseases, and thus infect the player
when they hit.

  the other thought I've long had is that flesh could decompose (like demon
ichor does right now).  However, it'd probably be in three stages: 1) flesh is
still fresh, and perfectly fine. 2) flesh is rotting, perhap diseased, perhaps
poisoned, perhaps ok to eat, perhaps not.  3) flesh disintegrates - no longer on
map.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com