[CF-Devel] throwing bombs...

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun May 23 03:22:13 CDT 2004

hi all,
	som players just reported to me and showed me some bombs they had just thrown
away right after casting them, the strange thing was they wouldnt blow up like
they should. Examining them and comparing to a fresh newly casted bomb's dump i
found out differences that appear to be added by the throwing items code.

fresh new bomb:
arch bomb
name bomb
name_pl bomb
skill pyromancy
other_arch explosion
face bomb.112
animation bomb
dam 13
x 12
y 31
speed 0.200000
speed_left -0.500000
type 102
subtype 8
attacktype 1
weight 4000
state 2
duration 8
range 5
is_animated 1
end

not working bomb:

arch bomb
name bomb
name_pl bomb
skill throwing  <---
other_arch explosion
face bomb.111
animation bomb
food 7 <---
dam 1
wc 12 <---
x 10
y 31
speed 0.100000
speed_left -0.600000
direction 5
type 48 <----------------
subtype 8
attacktype 1
weight 4000
last_sp 12
duration 8
range 5
walk_on 1
is_animated 1
flying 1
fly_on 1
end

marked with "<---" the differences as you can see, the skill's name made me see
what was going on, and the type of the bomb was concluding when i changed it
back to 102 and it blowed up after a few seconds. I'm sure this change is
intended so the thrown object gives xp when hitting a monster to the throwing
skill, but maybe there should be a special case for bombs or some other idea
about it that makes this dangerous sport a bit more interesting :D

Until next time :)

--

      Karla  Mª  Stenger  Sábat   |

      Pando . Canelones . Uruguay |