[CF-Devel] Scorn Sale Shop - big world

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon May 24 13:24:28 CDT 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 12:42
Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Could you map this shop to the building in the south of Scorn (the

      newbie area) on map world_105_116 x11 y2 instead of having it right

      off of town square?  I would prefer to spread things out a tiny bit

      more than has been done in the past, and this area in southern

      Scorn is a 'newbie zone' so it makes sense to put the shop here.

      The building also matches the scale a bit better IMHO.  Just my 2sp

      anyway.

Yup, I can. However, the problem with dropped "free" items is the
NON-newbie players hop out of their permanent apt and the items get
dropped in the square (which is conveniently nearby). This clutters
up the square and makes it a PITA to go through there with autopickup
on. Having the shop where it is places it only 6 moves away from the
permanent apartments. Moving the shop to the southern half of Scorn
would place it inconveniently out of the way and would not alleviate
the problem as I see it.

As for scale, I placed it where it is to align with the other small
buildings just south of the road that leads to the East gate of
Scorn. It does not appear out of scale to me being in that position.
I also considered placing it just above the Imperial Post which would
make it even more convenient to the permanent apartments. However,
people coming from guilds would have to go farther and navigate
around Scorn City Hall which was part of the consideration for
placing it where it is.

I'm not saying "no" I'm just giving you the reason for why I created
the shop and why I placed it where it is. If it has to go in south
Scorn then I see no real reason to have it at all.

The Ball > Your Court :-)

Gene (poof|Galahad)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 12:54:17 up 86 days,  6:49, 12 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.06, 0.02

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com