[CF-Devel] Scorn Sale Shop - big world

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon May 24 15:07:40 CDT 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 14:11
Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Yes I know what you mean - but it is no wonder people dislike the

      bigworld maps if taking 23 steps is such a chore. I suspect if that

      is too far then no amount of distance is going to make people use

      it. They would rather dump it onto the ground anyway. If you cave

      in to this pressure pretty soon everything will be within 10 steps

      of the scorn apartments and no one will go anywhere.  How about

      including about a sign that says no littering or some other piece

      of social engeneering to keep the streets clean as well?

      OTHO, how about moving the General store to Southern Scorn and

      placing this shop directly across from the apartments - that may be

      a better solution.  The general store is likely more Newbie

      friendly anyway.

Ok, I'll go with the general consensus on this list then.

What does everyone want to see done with this map?

X   Vote
--------
  - Keep it where it is near the square.

  - Move the General Store to south Scorn, move the sale shop
    across from the apartments and put a "no littering" sign on
    the square.

  - Forget it, it'll never work (archaios, no need to vote ;-).

Before voting please try to look at the Scorn map as is modified in
the .zip file if you can. If I move the stores around I will look at
modifying an existing medium sized building to go where the General
Store is now.

TIA
Gene (poof|Galahad)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 14:53:03 up 86 days,  8:48, 12 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.04

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com