[CF-Devel] bugs

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue May 25 01:44:19 CDT 2004

Preston Crow wrote:

      Several minor bugs:

      When I use the "skills" command, for each skill it lists the current xp,

      xp for the next level, and a percentage.  The percentage is always 0%.

      I thought it was supposed to be the percentage of the way through the

      current level (e.g., at 1000xp, you are 50% of the way to 2nd level).

  I believe that percentage is what % of the exp is permantent exp.  It may be
that for simplicity, that is still displayed even on systems not using the
permanent exp code.

  Or it oculd be that the awarding/calculation of permanent exp is just broken
with the new code.

      The spellbook names are all singular possessive except for the

      "summoners's" spellbooks.  For consistency, they should be "summoner's"

      spellbooks.

  That's easy enough - I'll fix that up.

      I've seen at least one map with a fire chest that used to shoot out

      fireballs shooting out magic bullets instead.  (The tower near the

      department store has an example--I'll find the map name if someone

      requests it.)

  Could be useful - it is supposed to get updated automatically.  Unfornately,
the old spell code was a real mismash - some things used 'sp' to denote what
they fired, others other_arch, and others yet some other fields.

      Spellbooks seem to have the wrong spells.  At the end of the CTower

      quest, it's just a random spellbook.  I think this is the same bug that

      is causing spellbooks to change spells in your apartment and not stack

      properly (they have different values).

  It could be, but that bug should now be fixed (although, old books generated
before the fix won't get updated, so will remain broken).  But once again, it is
supposed to automatically fix those up when loading, but perhaps that is broken
- I'll take a look.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com