[CF-Devel] More Bronze Items and treasurelist + Updated clas

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Oct 9 01:01:33 CDT 2004

On 09-Oct-2004 Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Bronze weapons.  I really don't have an actual problem with adding in

      bronze weapons but I cannot see people making fortunes off of picking up

      and selling weapons.

There are two tricks to making a fortune off weapons, either or both can be
used:

Run through an area, picking up everything as you go, put it all in huge piles
and identify on the way out, or before going to the next zone.  Then:

1) just collect all the random artifacts.  They are worth a fortune compared
to the iron raw materials.

2) Turn it all into gold with alchemy.

Now.. going bronze has one impact on this.  If you create say, 1000pp worth of
iron weapons, of various artifact/quality/value.. ie, some given set of iron
crap totalling 1000pp, and then create the exact same set in bronze, the bronze
set will only be worth 600pp.  (or whatever, I don't remember the ratios
anymore).  Since the value of the artifact multipliers is based on the base
value of the original weapon, by making it bronze you drop the total value.
If you then use bronze more widely than iron, it will drop the total money that
can be made by doing so, which is probably a non-trivial amount.

Now, granted.. thats usually not how I made money.  If I wanted lots of $$, I
usually went into the entrance to a high difficulty map, and summoned monsters
and issued killpets over and over to make huge piles of high level treasure,
then Id'ed and alchemized it all.

That being said.. summoned monsters should probably have startequip set on all
thier stuff.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net