[CF-Devel] More Bronze Items and treasurelist + Updated clas

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 10 18:56:37 CDT 2004

Tim Rightnour wrote:

      Now.. going bronze has one impact on this.  If you create say, 1000pp worth of

      iron weapons, of various artifact/quality/value.. ie, some given set of iron

      crap totalling 1000pp, and then create the exact same set in bronze, the bronze

      set will only be worth 600pp.  (or whatever, I don't remember the ratios

      anymore).  Since the value of the artifact multipliers is based on the base

      value of the original weapon, by making it bronze you drop the total value.

      If you then use bronze more widely than iron, it will drop the total money that

      can be made by doing so, which is probably a non-trivial amount.

  Right, but presumably, iron weapons will still show up occasionally also,
right?  Eg, it may be the case that most orcs come with bronze weapons, but
you'd think that leader types or occassionaly an orc will show up with an iron
weapon (an ideal ratio for that I'm not sure).  But I'd also note that one thing
I always find neat is actually finding that cool weapon that I'll actually use
vs it showing up in a shop (wow, a +4 longsword!).  So from that perspective,
I'd also think you want iron weapons to show up some of the time.

      Now, granted.. thats usually not how I made money.  If I wanted lots of $$, I

      usually went into the entrance to a high difficulty map, and summoned monsters

      and issued killpets over and over to make huge piles of high level treasure,

      then Id'ed and alchemized it all.

      That being said.. summoned monsters should probably have startequip set on all

      thier stuff.

  Yes, probably so.  I think at one point, summoned monsters came without
treasure, but that created the problem that it made some summoned monsters
really sucky.

  Alternatively, the value of all such objects the summoned monster gets could
also just be reset to zero.  Thus, they may have some nice stuff, but it just
isn't worth anything.  Although, I like the startequip idea better - makes more
sense since the monsters are summoned out of thin air.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com