[CF-Devel] More Bronze Items and treasurelist + Updated classes

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Oct 9 11:37:35 CDT 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Mitch Obrian wrote:

      I will not change the way I organize my maps or the

      way I name said maps. They are ment to be in /mlab.

So, it's either your way or no way at all?

You are not willing to follow the established naming scheme and
directory structure?

<..>

      If you leave it it is easy for me to re-intergrate

      the maps into my server at each upgrade so people can

      change them there.

But that makes it extremely difficult for anyone else (running CVS, etc.)
to update and maintain "their" server.

Isn't the goal here to make the mapset available on as many servers as
possible?

      This is free labour you have recieved so if you want things to be

      un(unacceptable) then pay me $10.95 per hour.

Sheesh.

<rhetorical question>

Should someone charge you a fee to integrate your non-standardized maps
into the official repository?

</rhetorical question>

If you haven't noticed, and as far as I know.. everyone's labour in this
project has been for "free."

      If you change the paths of the maps I gaurentee that you will break

      them.

Oh my, so you are the only person who can maintain and modify this mapset?

      Don't complain about how a package is organized if

      it's free and high quality.

/me avoids comment about glass houses and hurled rocks.. =/

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com