[CF-Devel] More Bronze Items and treasurelist + Updated classes

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Oct 9 12:19:22 CDT 2004

Should I commit them myself? I have never commited to
CVS and do not wish to screw things up (that is why I
asked someone else to commit them). As for my dir
tree: all mlab maps fit in their own coprehensive
universe and thus stay together (there are over 200).
Also I find it easy to develop this way.

Patch-archtypes: I agree, I shall make proper archs
for them in this week or so.

Moving out of scorn: I agree again. Navar? Brest?
Which would be the best place to reposition the mlab
enterance? We do need maps outside of scorn.

Bronze Items + New Treasure File: thank you for
committing, please also commit the ores if they aren't
in yet.

So I agree with you on all points except my directory
tree, on that on it's my way or the highway (unless
you have very smart scripts that can handle both
static and relative exit paths and keep everything
happy and together). My maps are always avaiable on my
site and have instructions how to put things together
as well as the world map that has to be replaced + a
mask map if you want to do it yourself, it is
accessable to other server admins so if you don't
include the maps I dosn't bother me in the least.

Please RSVP on the moving out of scorn part, I'm
thinking navar but there might be other better towns.

--- Rick Tanner <

     leaf at real-time.com

      On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Mitch Obrian wrote:

      > I will not change the way I organize my maps or

      the

      > way I name said maps. They are ment to be in

      /mlab.

      So, it's either your way or no way at all?

      You are not willing to follow the established naming

      scheme and

      directory structure?

      <..>

      > If you leave it it is easy for me to re-intergrate

      > the maps into my server at each upgrade so people

      can

      > change them there.

      But that makes it extremely difficult for anyone

      else (running CVS, etc.)

      to update and maintain "their" server.

      Isn't the goal here to make the mapset available on

      as many servers as

      possible?

      > This is free labour you have recieved so if you

      want things to be

      > un(unacceptable) then pay me $10.95 per hour.

      Sheesh.

      <rhetorical question>

      Should someone charge you a fee to integrate your

      non-standardized maps

      into the official repository?

      </rhetorical question>

      If you haven't noticed, and as far as I know..

      everyone's labour in this

      project has been for "free."

      > If you change the paths of the maps I gaurentee

      that you will break

      > them.

      Oh my, so you are the only person who can maintain

      and modify this mapset?

      > Don't complain about how a package is organized if

      > it's free and high quality.

      /me avoids comment about glass houses and hurled

      rocks.. =/

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     http://vote.yahoo.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com