[CF-Devel] More Bronze Items and treasurelist + Updated classes

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Oct 9 22:15:13 CDT 2004

Well I could use a bunch of NPCs with stories if you
could send me a blank map with ready NPCs and I could
c/p them into the map(s). Also perhapse travel up the
tower to read the wizard story and maby hint at such
things in the NPCs (but they don't know if it's true
or not)?

For the dir tree... that's going to be a chore due to
the ton of bridging rand maps I use. Im not sure if I
want it in standard distro or to just improve my
package (perhapse put in a little perl install
script?). The web of maps is very very tangled... I'm
afraid to break things and find out a year later about
it... so I'll have to think about this.

If It's kept as an addon package perhapse there could
be a mention on the CF server dl page? (each release I
do mention it in the cf chan topic).

Tomorrow (unless something comes up) I shall start
moving things to navar on my server, test it, etc.
Navar is a good choice, I'm glad we agree :) .

--- Todd Mitchell <

     temitchell at sympatico.ca

      On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 13:19, Mitch Obrian wrote:

      > Moving out of scorn: I agree again. Navar? Brest?

      > Which would be the best place to reposition the

      mlab

      > enterance? We do need maps outside of scorn.

      I was thinking Navar - replacing the two barracks

      just north of the jail

      (world_121_117 36,4 to 37,5) - this would place it

      firmly in the more

      seedy district.  I don't mind doing or helping with

      the editing work for

      this move (change dialogue, edit exits...) but I

      won't do it without

      your approval.  As I said there is no technical

      reason it should move,

      just an aestetic one.  Navar is a starting city too

      so I think it would

      be your next best choice for getting player traffic

      as well.

      As for the directory changes - well I think it is

      not so much work as

      you believe and will make it easer for everyone to

      manage the maps.   I

      was not asking that the maps be spread all over the

      place, I have no

      problem with the bulk of the set being in a folder

      called /mlab

      (althought it would be better if this folder was

      named after a *region*

      like 'cloudcity' or 'happyvalley' or something or

      put in as

      /quests/mlab) but there needs to be subfolders in

      this folder to

      organize the maps somewhat.  As for converting the

      exits - I have done

      this before and I don't balk at doing it again if

      necessary. The maps

      won't be broken and it all will be tested before

      going into CVS in any

      case if that is your concern. Here is an example of

      what I mean:

      mlab/ <-mazesofmenace, vallyofrock, snowfields...

      mlab/icehall <-sub directory to organize this area

      mlab/citydeclouds/

      I would like to keep the tavern maps in the city

      that it is based in

      however even if the citydeclouds is moved into the

      mlab directory

      This is especially since a tavern is a natural place

      to put NPCs and

      hints for adventures in the nearby area.  This could

      either include or

      exclude the upper levels of the tower but I would

      like to keep the maps

      for the four buildings in there at least.

      Again if you don't want to commit the maps to CVS

      then there is no

      issues with maintaining the maps however you wish,

      and they can still be

      installed on an add-hoc basis by server admins.

      I don't mind doing the work to modify the layout but

      I won't work on the

      maps if you are not in support of the changes I want

      to make.  That

      would be a recipe for disaster.

      As for the arches - I try to commit arches prior to

      committing the maps

      so that there is a good chance they will be

      implemented on the server

      prior to being called into a map on that server.  So

      if you can make a

      tarball with all the arches which I can grab then

      I'll start with that.

      > So I agree with you on all points except my

      directory

      > tree, on that on it's my way or the highway

      (unless

      > you have very smart scripts that can handle both

      > static and relative exit paths and keep everything

      > happy and together). My maps are always avaiable

      on my

      > site and have instructions how to put things

      together

      > as well as the world map that has to be replaced +

      > mask map if you want to do it yourself, it is

      > accessable to other server admins so if you don't

      > include the maps I dosn't bother me in the least.

      > Please RSVP on the moving out of scorn part, I'm

      > thinking navar but there might be other better

      towns.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com