[CF-Devel] More Bronze Items and treasurelist + Updated classes

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 10 18:43:40 CDT 2004

Mitch Obrian wrote:

      For the dir tree... that's going to be a chore due to

      the ton of bridging rand maps I use. Im not sure if I

      want it in standard distro or to just improve my

      package (perhapse put in a little perl install

      script?). The web of maps is very very tangled... I'm

      afraid to break things and find out a year later about

      it... so I'll have to think about this.

  I agree with some other comments that the number of maps in the single
directory are a bit large.  There is no hard number of what is reasonable and
what isn't, although my preferred limitation is that an 'ls' of a directory has
few enough files that they all appear in a single 80x24 window (what this means
also depends on the length of file names).

  Just a note to you and all other developers who post links/whatnot to the
lists - you should be very clear on what your intentions are of making the data
public - often, such posts are seen as invitations to add the stuff to CVS - if
this is not your intention or desire, you should be clear when posting the mail
(as an addition, if it is intended for CVS, you should be clear if it is ready
now, or if it is at an experimental stage, as sometimes the links are posted as
for testing purposes).

  Last note - I recall there are test scripts which verify that exists point to
the correct place (lib/adm/mapcheck or lib/adm/mapinfo - can't remember which) -
this at least removes the worry about forgetting to change something somewhere.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com