[CF-Devel] healing potions

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 10 18:50:42 CDT 2004

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      I am experiencing weirdness when dealing with healing potions.

      When created with a map, like in the house of healing or a shop they

      appear to be fine but when I use either create as DM or a creator object

      like an altar to create a healing potion they appear to act as magic

      potions and not healing potions, or at least they do not heal and give

      "you are at one with the powers of magic".  I could understand if they

      were broken on maps too and would think it is a spell number thing, but

      they appear to work fine on maps.  Anyone else notice this?  I've

      checked the maps and they use the same arch (potion_heal) with no

      significant modifications I can see.

  My guess is that this is related to the way the potions now work.

  Potions act like scrolls and wands, in that they contain a spell which is what
is actually cast (the stat potions are different, in that they are hardcoded to
what they do, but they could actually be changed at some point also - all that
is needed is spells that permanently increase stats).

  Back to the point - when the potions are created on maps, or in shops, the
loader does the right thing and adds the appropriate spell inv to the potion -
basically, it converts the 'sp 35' to the heal spell.

  I note that the move_creator function doesn't deal with treasures at all -
thus, for example, if you had a creator make an orc, the orc would have no treasure.

  The create DM command will in fact do the correct thing as related to treasure
lists, so to fix that, the 'sp 35' line from the arch should be removed, with
soemthing like a 'randomitems potion_heal', and then create a matching
treasurelist that contains that one spell.

  I'd also bet that if you took those broken healing potions, put them on a map
that got swapped out and swapped back in again, they might start working.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com