[CF-Devel] More Bronze Items and treasurelist + Updated clas

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 10 19:34:47 CDT 2004

Just low level creatures with poor_old and
standard_old
use the bronze lists (though sometimes a good helmet
etc does show up). This makes treasure chests accually
usefull and exciting to find.

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

      Tim Rightnour wrote:

      > Now.. going bronze has one impact on this.  If you

      create say, 1000pp worth of

      > iron weapons, of various artifact/quality/value..

      ie, some given set of iron

      > crap totalling 1000pp, and then create the exact

      same set in bronze, the bronze

      > set will only be worth 600pp.  (or whatever, I

      don't remember the ratios

      > anymore).  Since the value of the artifact

      multipliers is based on the base

      > value of the original weapon, by making it bronze

      you drop the total value.

      > If you then use bronze more widely than iron, it

      will drop the total money that

      > can be made by doing so, which is probably a

      non-trivial amount.

        Right, but presumably, iron weapons will still

      show up occasionally also,

      right?  Eg, it may be the case that most orcs come

      with bronze weapons, but

      you'd think that leader types or occassionaly an orc

      will show up with an iron

      weapon (an ideal ratio for that I'm not sure).  But

      I'd also note that one thing

      I always find neat is actually finding that cool

      weapon that I'll actually use

      vs it showing up in a shop (wow, a +4 longsword!).

      So from that perspective,

      I'd also think you want iron weapons to show up some

      of the time.

      > Now, granted.. thats usually not how I made money.

       If I wanted lots of $$, I

      > usually went into the entrance to a high

      difficulty map, and summoned monsters

      > and issued killpets over and over to make huge

      piles of high level treasure,

      > then Id'ed and alchemized it all.

      > That being said.. summoned monsters should

      probably have startequip set on all

      > thier stuff.

        Yes, probably so.  I think at one point, summoned

      monsters came without

      treasure, but that created the problem that it made

      some summoned monsters

      really sucky.

        Alternatively, the value of all such objects the

      summoned monster gets could

      also just be reset to zero.  Thus, they may have

      some nice stuff, but it just

      isn't worth anything.  Although, I like the

      startequip idea better - makes more

      sense since the monsters are summoned out of thin

      air.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     http://vote.yahoo.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com