[crossfire] Items that evolve all the time

delbd delbd at oma.be
Thu Apr 28 09:34:42 CDT 2005

Le Jeudi 28 Avril 2005 07:55, Mark Wedel a écrit :

        The complication is that if the map resets, there is no easy measure to

      know how long the objects in question have not been accessed.

        For maps swapped out and swapped back in, I agree that is a much easier

      problem, as you can easily know how long the map has been swapped.

        But for maps that reset, this is more a problem, because neither the

      overlay map nor the unique item maps contain any map header.  Thus, there

      is no convenient way right now to store when the map was saved out, and

      thus know how long the map has been swapped out.

Am sorry, but there is a thing we can use, the lastmodified information from
filesystem which tells us the last time overlay was saved to disk.

      crossfire at metalforge.org

David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium