[crossfire] Re: Crossedit patches

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Aug 24 03:10:57 CDT 2005

        I suppose a gtk client would be easier to make to a

     windows port.  And while

      one side of me would sort of like the speed and efficiency

     of such an editor,

      one side of me says I really don't want to see another such

     editor due to the

      maintenance and support headaches it would involve (support

     for the deprecated

      crossedit is headache enough).

If someone really does a GTK client, please please pretty
please use GTK2.
GTK1 under Windows is not something i'd touch even with a 10
feet long pole :)
GTK2 works fine on the other hand.

        But that's really not a road I'd want to see resources spent.

I agree. I'd rather see the Java editor improved and tweaked,
adding to it the ability to add/edit archetypes, treasures
lists, alchemy formuleas, and so on - from a map editor to a
whole data editor.
BTW we could possibly do for alchemy formuleas what was done
for treasures, break the file in smaller parts that could be
edited separately.

Ryo