[crossfire] Wraith changes

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 01:49:08 CST 2005

On 17/12/05, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
>   Quick question - does this mean the only way a wraith gets food is by life
> stealing attacks?

Yes, although magical means (like golden unicorn horn) will also work.
Also food that restores hp has no restoration effect, although food
that restores mana works as with any other characters (but restoring
mana only).

>   If so, I'd think they need to get given a very high sustenance type of value -
> otherwise, I'd think you'd get a lot of starving wraiths at certain times, eg,
> you're hauling your loot of the dungeon and don't have anything convenient to
> attack.

Restoration -100 and sust +60 that was already there give the wraith
incredibly high sustenance. When idling they seem to lose about 5 food
per hour, which means they can live for up to 8 real life days of
playing without needing to feed.

Also, although restoration -100 means they do not heal naturaly very
well, they still do heal over time. The wraith I left overnight had
14/22 health, and in the morning it was fully healed.