[crossfire] force python instance

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Feb 11 23:27:09 CST 2005

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      I'm trying to figure out how to supply the proper option to force the

      server configure script to look for an alternate python directory where

      I have installed it.

      When the script was changed in 1.3.0 there was mention of using

      "The use of

          --with-includes=-I/usr/include/python2.2 (or the like)"

      but all the variations I have tried don't seem to work and the configure

      file does not have a apparent option for this.

      Aside from moving or linking things in a messy way how do I force it to

      use the alternate python install (in this

      case /usr/local/include/python2.3 built from source for zope) I want it

      to?

      If there isn't an easy way to do this can I make a request for a

      "--with-python" option from someone with a bit of savvy in the config

      scripting?

  Is the problem you are having that it is not finding the python you have, or
that it is not using the one you want it to use?

  If the later, the problem would require some work I think because there isn't
a way right now to disable check.

  If the former, you should just be able to set the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS with the
right values, eg, if using a csh type shell:

setenv CFLAGS "-I/usr/include/python2.2"
setenv LDFLAGS "-L/usr/lib/python2.2 "

It may be necessary to set the LDFLAGS to be instead:
setenv LDFLAGS "-L/usr/lib/python2.2 -lpython"

  And that should do the right thing.