[CF-Devel] immunity force applied after death & godpower(?)

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Jan 2 18:47:43 CST 2005

  Just tried this out on my server.

  My notes from my previous message were correct:

The code to protect you from damage of retribution does work.
If you fail by a whole bunch, retribution can certainly last longer than the
protection force.

  My fixes are as follows:
Put a cap on how long retribution (which is also used for some other failures,
like alchemy) can last - it won't last longer than the protection force that is
inserted.

Give player maxsp/grace (if better than their current total) on death.  This
should reduce the likelihood of causing retribution from buffered key strokes
after you die.  This is a bit of a boon, but probably not a great one.  And this
won't completely fix the problem - I believe there are cases where a spell costs
so much grace that if a character doesn't have a lot of grace points (poor
pow/wis) they could still fumble it even at full grace.  And if you have 5 casts
queued up, you can pretty quickly go through a lot of grace points also.

  But the hope is that this should reduce the problem a bit, without opening up
any real abuses for the players.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com