[crossfire] Proposal to fix experience inflation due to random maps

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Jul 4 21:56:21 CDT 2005

Andreas Kirschbaum wrote:

      ERACC wrote:

     I am looking at the Valriel random map settings (within the map

     /scorn/temples/valriel3) in anticipation of reducing the number of

     levels, reducing monster density, adding some "new", tougher monsters

     called "saints" using existing NPC arches and making the random maps

     larger. One question I have but haven't been able to resolve: is

     random map monster density determined by /styles/monsterstyles/* or is

     it elsewhere?

     <snip>

      The attached patch changes this. The reduced monster density is

      noticeable, but since the resulting maps do not feel sparse to me, I

      think it is still acceptable. Besides that, it also affects the total

      experience:

  I don't see any problem with it, so I'll apply the patch to the code and
commit to CVS.