[crossfire] Java Editor

ERACC eracclists at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 5 14:45:07 CDT 2005

On Sunday 05 June 2005 01:40 pm
Todd Mitchell wrote:

      The current Java Editor does not seem to be very stable.  Especially it

      tends to have a problem with really big maps (can't open them) and

      eventually won't open maps and has to be restarted.  Behaves like a

      Memory leak?  Also sometimes the map window graphics are getting

      corrupted by the file menus from the main window (something updating the

      wrong container?)

Noticed these problems here too. Hopefully some Java guru will have a
try at fixing it and release a new .jar (I haven't tried yet to build
from source). I did make it able to open huge maps by increasing the
maximum heap size using a command line switch. My personal bash
script to run the editor is attached.

Gene
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.6.8.1-12mdk i686
 13:56:46 up 18 days, 14:33,  8 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.07, 0.02

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandriva Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers