[crossfire] Color Spray

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sun Jun 5 21:59:35 CDT 2005

ERACC wrote:

     I cannot believe HOW neutered this spell is. It used to be an awesome

     spell worth the effort of going to get. Now I am sorry I wasted an

     entire evening going to get it on crossfire.metalforge.net earlier.

     As hard as it is to get this spell it should be at least as powerful

     as I remember it being. What's with neutering hard-to-get spells?

     Can the spell be returned to its' former glory, please? Otherwise it

     just takes up space in my spell list. Level 46 sorcery and it takes

     THREE casts of color spray to kill about 10 - 15 Fiends. They should

     ALL be dead in one cast based on how the spell USED to work.

     I agree, it's currently underpowered to the point where it's useless
even when it might otherwise be attractive due to it's variety of
attacktypes being difficult to resist. Even if I inscribe lots of
scrolls of it that are about lvl 100, it can't even graze a lvl 60 in
the arena or any monster that's of the slightest worth.
The balance of the spell might currently be ok for a lvl 15-30, however
it's near impossible for a lvl 15-30 to get it considering the quest
it's in and the fact that spellbooks can't be carried out.

Alex Schultz