[crossfire] New maps almost ready for inital commit

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 09:33:11 CST 2005

I am working on a bigworld area.

     https://cat2.dynu.ca/cat2/worldpatch.tar.gz

This time I made the correct directory structure from
the beginning and aptly named the folder.
I will be working on it all week.

Todd can we set aside our diff POVs as I now agree
with you more. Also in the mlab set (which in CVS is
up to you and other devs what to call it) I have
included the relinking script which will put all the
various maps of diffrent areas into diff
subdirectories under the mlab-top directory (perhapse
call it mdream? or maby name the dir dreamstate in a
diff language?) the newest released version is R15 at

     https://cat2.dynu.ca/cat2/crossfiremaps-mlab-R15.tar.gz

Note that after the char completes the inital tower
quest (the story is told as he ascends the 40+ story
tower) he finds a bed, sleeps on it, and then wakes
up... or does he. From there the story contiues if he
dares to seek out other quests in the land of the
clouds... he happens to meet the wizard again in an
even larger and more epic battle at the castle of the
dark elves (who have ben devoured by the cult of
death).

A link is made between the widespread cult of the
devourers and the actions of the wizard... he seems to
be promoting that perticular cult as it moves those of
the populus into a state that is benificial to him.

Then there is  the castle of the marquis. This area is
even higher level then the castle of the dark elves..
it seems the marquis has succomed to the cult
aswell...

Now also in mlab I am working on a nice big hell quest
including puzzles to solve on the road to hell. A link
is made with the cult of the devourers and the pit of
hell itself (which is being semi-modled after dante's
discription: vestibule and limbo are true to form).
The cult of the devours is popular on the road to hell
... and then it gives way to the evil behind all the
madness.