[crossfire] proposal: quest tracking

nicolas.weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Mar 3 04:38:34 CST 2005

Hi.

Nice idea!

I'd suggest doing quest tracking like markers, though: with creators, detector and modifiers objects. So you can forbid a player entering some place if s/he isn't doing the quest, and so on - like a non transferable item, but invisible.

This way you can make the player start a quest by saying something to an NPC, then end the quest when entering a room, or killing a monster (make it drop the quest modifier!), and so on.

The only point is, how would you track the quest information the player has? IE if s/he got 3 hints, do we store the hints in the player as hidden fields? Of course they can be removed later on, when quest is completed.

As for the say command modified, sounds like a nice idea. This way it's more flexible what an NPC can say depending on quest the player is doing.

Anyone willing to work on that? I could do it, if no one wants :)

Ryo who is kind of back on the net, and may just have time to work on CF some more.