[crossfire] I'm not allowed to spend time on this for now.

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 3 21:19:47 CST 2005

I have to stop being a Crossfire maintainer, those that control my life
have me doing too much other stuff.  OTOH, I have not done anything here
for a while anyway.

If anybody wants to salvage my Ice Castle maps, I will happily hand them
over.  There are some good ideas and widgets in them.  I particularly
don't want to see the escalators go to waste.   Since I have not worked
on them for a while, things have broken as the code base moved on.  The
dance routines went haywire sometime ago.  I may even find time to add
more notes about what I was planning.

One of the major things they now have me working on is creating an LSB
(Linux Standard Base) compliant Linux distribution.  I may still be able
to do some good for Crossfire after all.  The first game I will add to
this distro should be Crossfire, and I can run an LSB audit on it.

If the Crossfire gods will be pleased to see Crossfire turned into an
LSB compliant application, they can leave me as an official maintainer
with that task.  Otherwise, you should probably remove my CVS write
access and stuff.

Thanks. it's been fun.