[crossfire] I'm not allowed to spend time on this for now.

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 23:08:55 CST 2005

I'd love to see your maps. Could you send them to me
at

     mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com

     ?

--- David Seikel <

     won_fang at yahoo.com.au

     > wrote:

      I have to stop being a Crossfire maintainer, those

      that control my life

      have me doing too much other stuff.  OTOH, I have

      not done anything here

      for a while anyway.

      If anybody wants to salvage my Ice Castle maps, I

      will happily hand them

      over.  There are some good ideas and widgets in

      them.  I particularly

      don't want to see the escalators go to waste.

      Since I have not worked

      on them for a while, things have broken as the code

      base moved on.  The

      dance routines went haywire sometime ago.  I may

      even find time to add

      more notes about what I was planning.

      One of the major things they now have me working on

      is creating an LSB

      (Linux Standard Base) compliant Linux distribution.

      I may still be able

      to do some good for Crossfire after all.  The first

      game I will add to

      this distro should be Crossfire, and I can run an

      LSB audit on it.

      If the Crossfire gods will be pleased to see

      Crossfire turned into an

      LSB compliant application, they can leave me as an

      official maintainer

      with that task.  Otherwise, you should probably

      remove my CVS write

      access and stuff.

      Thanks. it's been fun.

      crossfire at metalforge.org