[crossfire] python version check

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Mar 6 19:38:38 CST 2005

Andreas Kirschbaum wrote:

      No feedback, therefore I'll assume that it's ok to commit these changes.

      Unfortunately I get lots of differences after running the autogen.sh

      script: The files aclocal.m4, configure, and all Makefile.in have

      differences.

      The differences in Makefile.in are minor (a few added lines like

      "AR = @AR@").

      The differences in configure probably are because I use autoconf version

      2.59; the existing files are from version 2.57.

      The differences in aclocal.m4 are huge even though I use the same

      automake version 1.6.3 that was used to generate these files.

      What should I do here? Just commit "my" files?

  Generally speaking, for machine generated files, just commit them.

  For reference, I have aclocal (automake) version 1.9.3.  I don't know if I was
the last person to generate them, but I suppose it is possible that the comment
is just incorrect about what version of automake generated the aclocal.m4 file.