[crossfire] Dungeon in scorn linked to wolfsburg

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Fri Mar 11 21:55:00 CST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Vernon T Rhyne wrote:

      I'm an outsider here a bit, but I can't imagine whereby forcing a

      tedious trip is a good idea.  It's not like the trip to Navar is

The main reason Navar has been kept seperate to Scorn is to prevent
players easily visiting all shops in the world.  Preventing players from
being able to do this has been part of Crossfire map placement for a very
long time.  If easy transit between Scorn and Navar becomes a reality then
virtually all of the city maps are only a few ships apart.

This is why I commented in the "moving Wolfsberg" thread that changing
Wolfsberg to be accessible from Navar would not effect game balance as
long as we broke the link to Scorn.

      dangerous as currently available, only long.  I'd love to see more

      dragon hangars, as well as a teleporter to a dragon hangar "ticket

      counter" in the extended apartments.

High level characters have ways of making the trip more easily, so I'd be
ok with more dragon hangars as long as they were made suitably expensive.

Perhaps ships should cost money to use (discussed a few times over the
years I know).  If this was the case, and the cost was sufficient, we
could discourage low levels from visiting all the shops while still
allowing Scorn and Navar to be connected.

OTOH maybe this isn't considered to be such a big deal now, with even with
east and west sets of cities containing many shops each.

If we want to allow easy east-west travel we should consider all the
angles.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.

     rbrockway at opentrend.net

     http://www.opentrend.net

OpenTrend Solutions: Reliable, secure solutions to real world problems.
Contributing Member of Software in the Public Interest (

     http://www.spi-inc.org

     )